August & November Ballot Issues
Missourians will have eight proposals to decide on the November 2014 ballot. Get involved and get informed.
– Largest tax increase in MO history – impose a three-quarters cent sales tax for roads and other transportation projects for 10 years. Projected to raise $534 million annually.
– Right to Farm
– Strengthen the Right to Bear Arms
– Authorize a new lottery game benefiting state veterans homes.
– Add electronic data to a list of things protected from unreasonable searches and seizures.
– Early Voting Period
– Allow evidence about prior criminal acts to be used against people facing prosecution for child sex offenses.
– Give lawmakers new powers to override gubernatorial budget cuts.